The Trinity Hospital, Trinity Street, Salisbury was founded around 1350 by Agnes Bottenham. The hospital was later rebuilt in 1705. The hospital originally cared for 12 poor persons, plus nightly 18 poor ‘strangers’. The latter were allowed to remain a maximum of three days and nights except in case of sickness, when they might stay until they recovered. Later provision increased to 30 beds for the poor and sick. The Mayor was Master or Warden of Trinity Hospital, along with 2 priests.
Today, the hospital still provides sheltered accommodation in its almshouses for elderly people in Salisbury.
Source: Our collection Book 2017.3858, The History of Salisbury Infirmary, 1922 by Alderman Charles Haskins, p1.
Full history and source: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/wilts/vol3/pp357-361