You’ll find all the answers to this quiz here on our history website. To help you out , if you answer all the questions correctly the first letters spell out a further name connected with our archives and collections.
- What Lord —- leaves £500 from estate towards the creation of hospital in Salisbury?
- WW2 US General Mark Clark made his Headquarters at —-
- Original name of Salisbury District Hospital named after the nearby village
- A letter in the hospital’s archives, written by which US President —dated August 25th 1906.
- Who was caught by Dr J J Armitage, in the Avon on June 25th 1904?
- Complete the Infirmary motto ‘ The Sick & —- shall not always be forgotten’.
- Stars of the Disney film ‘Song of the South’ visited this children’s ward in 1946.
- Name the Sister who is depicted in the murals at Woodgreen Village Hall.
- During WW2 this large House near Salisbury was used for additional maternity beds.
- Another word, meaning hospital, used in the name of the institution in Fisherton Street.
- The Radnor balcony was dedicated to Second-Lieutenant Radcliffe who died where in 1915?
- What hospital was originally provided by the American Red Cross and US university to research diseases (1941-1990)?
- What Salisbury hospital was founded around 1350 by Agnes Bottenham?
- The town of Salix is scratched in graffiti by WW2 US soldiers at Salisbury Hospital, what US state is Salix in?
- Name the small hospital, that was near the present day ambulance station, served from 1939, treating older patients for 50 years before demolition?
- What name is the ghost of Salisbury General Infirmary known by?
- Name the fundraising day held in June as a national campaign started in 1912 on the 50th anniversary of the arrival of Queen from Denmark?
- Siegfried Sassoon donated money to the Infirmary in memory of his friend, how is he more popularly known?
- The Infirmary ghost used to frequent the back stairs and in the annex of Bartlett Ward and what other ward?
Download and print out our quiz sheet (pdf) – this has a grid for the letters to help you with your answers.